The CUNY Board of Trustees has approved an expanded tobacco policy that will make CUNY the largest smoke-free public university system in the United States.
- CUNY is Going Tobacco-Free!
- Effective no later than September 4, 2012, the use of tobacco will be prohibited on all grounds and facilities under CUNY jurisdiction, including indoor locations and outdoor locations such as playing fields; entrances and exits to buildings; and parking lots.
- Cessation Resources
- There are many resources for smokers who wish to cease smoking. In recognition of the fact that smoking is an addictive habit and that persons who wish to quit smoking often need support, resources to assist with smoking cessation are provided to all members of the college community to assist with their individual goals.
- Tobacco-Free Message to York Community
- Dear York College Community, please be advised that The Board Of Trustees Of The City University of NY has adopted a Campus-Wide Tobacco-Free Policy effective January 1, 2012
- Download the YC Tobacco Policy Flyer
- Dear York College Community, please be advised that The Board Of Trustees Of The City University of NY has adopted a Campus-Wide Tobacco-Free Policy effective June 1, 2012