Teaching Mathematics to a Digital Generation
Jun 09, 2012 01:00 PM
Sponsored by Texas Instruments, the conference is open to all teachers (grades K – university) interested in incorporating the use of technology in the teaching and learning of mathematics. Sessions will include presentations, demonstrations and workshops aimed at providing attendees with activities, strategies and knowledge that they can bring back to their classrooms.
T³ Regional Conference Highlights:
- Attend beginner through advanced sessions
- Learn from experience educators
- Choose from hands-on and demonstration sessions for new and experienced educators
- Network with other educators from your region
- Receive lots of great classroom activities and ideas
- Exchange ideas with others who are trying new techniques in their classroom
- Acquire the latest news on TI’s educational products
- Return to your classroom with a renewed enthusiasm for teaching
We are pleased to announce that Dr. Frank Gardella, Executive Director of the Hunter College Mathematics Center for Learning & Teaching and a recipient of the 2010 Hall of Fame Award for New York State Outstanding Mathematics Educator will give the keynote address on Friday afternoon.
Meals and refreshment breaks will be provided during the conference. Opportunities to meet with vendors about technologies, books and other classroom resources will also be made available as will the opportunity to win door prizes provided by some of these vendors and by Texas Instruments.
A conference schedule listing all sessions will be available online as the date gets closer. Please check back as the conference date approaches for that information!
Registration is free for the lead speakers and pre-service students with a valid school ID.
|On-site (late) Registration||June 8th and 9th||$65|
Inquire about a group rate discount by emailing Dr. Virginia Thompsn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exhibitors are invited to display their products at the conference. Vendors are expected to rent their table(s) at $100 per table (table size: 6 feet). We also ask each vendor to provide a door prize to be raffled off to the participants.
For more information please contact Virginia Thompson or call