Junior Mathematics, Science and Humanities Symposium
from 08:00 AM to 02:00 PM
Only the invited student JSHS NYC Metro 2013 semifinalists will present.
No team presentations.
New York City Metro regional JSHS is designed to challenge and engage students (Grades 9-12) in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM). Individual students compete for scholarships and recognition by presenting the results of their original research efforts before a panel of judges and an audience of their peers.
The mission of the NYC Metro JSHS is to:
- Promote research and scholarship in the sciences, engineering and mathematics
- Recognize and reward research and scholarly achievements
- Network to enrich understanding of research and scholarly pursuits beyond high school
- Advance in local, regional, national and international symposia
- Develop skills to help prepare for undergraduate and graduate studies; to apply scientific concepts and principles to solve problems; to gain/create new knowledge; and to engage in presentations and writing scholarly papers.
New York City Metro regional JSHS is sponsored by the research arm of the Department of Defense through the Academy of Applied Sciences. JSHS aims to prepare and support students to contribute as future scientists and engineers -- conducting STEM research on behalf of or directly for the Department of Defense, the Federal research laboratories, or for the greater good in advancing the nation's scientific and technological progress.
Deadline to submit applications and upload documents is: December 13, 2012
For more information please contact Jean Cesarius.