Strategic Planning Initiatives Noteworthy Achievements
- Enrollment growth of 8% (F2007) while raising admissions standards. Forty-one percent of the freshman class of 2007 had high school CAAs of 80 or higher.
- Our fund raising efforts yielded a return of over $480,000 with the Three Mo Tenors event bringing us $270,000 toward our Merit Scholar program;
- During 2007-2008, our Continuing Education program had an overall net revenue increase of 10%. The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) program recorded an economic impact of $5 million dollars in loans to small businesses.
- Retention, a key component of all our efforts last year anchored by the CUE Program and Campaign for Success, saw first year students retained at 69.5 %; and graduation rates increased to 27 % up by 4 %.
- New program development has seen the launching of Generic Nursing and Journalism Programs.
- Productivity in grant-getting increased to just over $6 million dollars.
- We received a record breaking $8 million from our legislators – the Borough President and Council Members. This funding that will be used to purchase science equipment, greenhouse renovation, improvement in the Health and Physical Education Center, and landscape development. We received $1.2 million in Congressional earmarks for the Aviation Institute and the SEMAA program.
- We concluded the Middle States Accreditation process successfully.
- We’ve established our first endowed professorship in the form of a gift of $500,000 from the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. This endowment comes to us through the instrumentality of Professor Mary Jo Kranacher, Associate Professor of Accounting and Business and a York College Alum.
- We completed the hiring of 43 new faculty, 54 administrators and staff.