- Experts Contact
- For additional information contact Marcia Moxam-Comrie, Marketing Communications Office of Institutional Advancement, Rm 2H03 94-20 Guy R. Brewer Blvd. Jamaica, NY 11451 718-262-2354 (office)/ 718-262-2326 (fax) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Megwalu, AnamikaMegwalu, Anamika
Coordinator of Electronic Resources/ Library Webmaster/ Weekend Reference Librarian
- Areas of Expertise:
- Online Scholarly Communication
- Information Seeking Behavior in Digital Environment
- Blogs: Classification and User Relevance Criteria
- Teaching Strategies for librarians
Prof. Megwalu has conducted research and published articles on Science lessons for elementary school students and use of Second Life in teaching and learning. She has recently published journal articles on teaching strategies for reference librarians. Currently, she is conducting research on Online Scholarly Communication and has presented a paper at the 9th International Conference on Technology, Knowledge, and Society.
Prof. Megwalu decided to become the Subject Editor of Computer and Information Technologies for Resources for College Libraries (RCL) after receiving an invitation from the Project Editor of RCL of ACRL/ CHOICE.
Besides teaching and research, Prof. Megwalu is also involved in public service concerning literacy for the underprivileged. In 2012, she organized a book drive and helped establish the first-ever library through African Library Project for the children of Mikundi Primary School in Malawi.
Degree Institution Field Dates PhDc Long Island University Information Studies Present MS Florida State University Library and Information Science 2006 BA University of Guelph Information and Computing Science 2004 BS McMaster University Mathematical Science 2002