- Experts Contact
- For additional information contact Marcia Moxam-Comrie, Marketing Communications Office of Institutional Advancement, Rm 2H03 94-20 Guy R. Brewer Blvd. Jamaica, NY 11451 718-262-2354 (office)/ 718-262-2326 (fax) e-mail: email@example.com
Megwalu, AnamikaMegwalu, Anamika
Coordinator of Electronic Resources/ Library Webmaster/ Weekend Reference Librarian
- Areas of Expertise:
- Online Scholarly Communication
- Academic Social Networking
- Information Seeking Behavior in Digital Environment
- Teaching Strategies for librarians
Prof. Megwalu has conducted research and published articles on teaching strategies, use of Second Life in teaching and learning, and academic social networking. She has published articles in peer-reviewed journals such as THE REFERENCE LIBRARIAN and SCIENCE & CHILDREN. She has written reviews for CHOICE and ARBA. Prof. Megwalu is a peer-reviewer for the JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR INFORMATION SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY. Prof. Megwalu is the Subject Editor of Computer and Information Technologies for RCL/ ACRL. Currently, she has been continuing her research on the use of social networking tools in scholarly communication.
In addition to teaching and research, Prof. Megwalu is also involved in public service; in 2012, she organized a book drive and helped establish the first-ever library for the children of Mikundi Primary School in Malawi through African Library Project.
Degree Institution Field Dates PhD Long Island University Information Studies 2014 MS Florida State University Library and Information Science 2006 BA University of Guelph Information and Computing Science 2004 BS McMaster University Mathematical Science 2002