Run for Student Government 2013-2014
Run for Student Government for the 2013-2014 school year begins today. Signature petitions can be picked up at the office of Student Development, AC-1E01.
In order to run for student government, the following criteria must be met:
- Completion of at least one semester at York College as a matriculated Student, as shown by an official transcript with the Registrar.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.3 or better, to be maintained for the duration of term of office if elected.
- Students must be currently registered for classes in the semester in which they run; however, enrollment in College Now courses does not qualify.
- Full-time undergraduate students must carry a minimum of 12 credit hours in the semester during which they are elected.
- Part-time undergraduate students must carry a minimum of 6 credit hours in the semester during which they are elected.
- Graduate students must carry a minimum of 3 credit hours in the semester during which they are elected.
- In order to run and serve each semester, a student must have completed and earned passing grades in at least 50% of the credits (NOTE: CREDITS, NOT COURSES) for which they have registered in the prior semester, but in any event no less than 3 credits
Petitions can be dropped off at the Public Safety office, AC-1M02 up until Mar. 24th.