CLICS [CUNY Libraries Inter-Campus Services] is a book delivery service that lets you request a book from any CUNY library to be delivered to you for pick up at any other CUNY library. This is in addition to our traditional Interlibrary Loan service, which mainly covers libraries outside the CUNY system.
CUNY undergraduate and graduate students, faculty members or staff members with an active library account at one of the CUNY Libraries can use this service.
- Circulation and overdue fines of the lending library apply, including for faculty and staff.
- Unblocked library account required.
- Valid email address required.
- CLICS does not increase your loan limit. York’s loan limit is still seven (7) books per person. Do not place too many hold requests through CLICS.
- Your CLICS book will be held at the Circulation Desk for ten (10) days after its arrival. It will be returned to the lending library after that period.
- You cannot request books to be delivered to the same library. For example, if you request a book from York, you can't request that a book be pulled from the stacks at York and delivered to the Circulation Desk at York. CLICS only works for books going from one CUNY campus to another.
- CLICS requests for multiple-part music scores at Queens and Brooklyn cannot be filled; CLICS requests for CDs at BMCC will be canceled.
- Courtesy reminders will be emailed to you three days prior to an item's due date. (Make sure the library has your current email address.)
- You can renew items once through "My Account" in CUNY+ as long as they are not overdue.
- Please check "My Account" to see when items are ready for pick up, or On Hold. If an item is In Process, it is still en route.
An Example on How to Use CLICS
You are a student at York College, you live near Jamaica and you know that a desired book is only available at the Hunter College Library.
- Click on "Books and More"
- Log in to "My Account"
- Select "All CUNY Libraries" and search for your book.
- Request the item.
- Select "York" from the drop-down menu as the pickup library.
- Logout of your account.
- Email notification will be sent to you when the book is available at the York Library Circulation Desk.