What else do I get?
YorkLive Frequently Asked Questions
Efficiency and effectiveness. Here are more collaboration tools to turn you into a power student:
- Office Live Workspace: No time to meet your classmates? Simply invite them to your online workspace where you can store, access, and share documents and files. You decide if they can edit or simply review them. http://office.microsoft.com/enus/officelive/FX102412601033.aspx?ofcresset=1
- Windows Live Messenger: Great for audio and video conversations with friends, family, and colleagues. It also offers multi-user IM functionality for study groups, and so much more… For more info, please visit http://get.live.com/messenger/overview.
- Windows Live Spaces: So many ways to use this as part of your student life. For example, you can create e-profiles for prospective employers. Students, alumni, faculty, clubs, and departments can use spaces to share information, photos, blogs, and more. For more info, please visit http://home.services.spaces.live.com/.
- Windows Live for Mobile access to IM and e-mail: Students can access their e-mail on virtually any Web-enabled phone. For more information, please visit http://mobile.live.com/GoLive/. Carriers may charge for wireless data service.
- Windows Live Expo: Buy and sell stuff within your campus and alumni community. Post an ad for free, and control who can see it. Browse for jobs, housing, and just about anything else. For more info, please go to http://get.live.com/expo/overview and view the Windows Live Expo demos.
- Windows Live SkyDrive™: 1 GB of password-protected online file storage. Please visit: http://skydrive.live.com/
- Access to Windows Live APIs to build your own custom apps: http://dev.live.com/
- More new stuff coming all the time: http://get.live.com/betas/home