Upgraded Student Email System
What is Microsoft Office 365?
With Microsoft Office 365, students will enjoy the following email enhancements and support benefits:
iOS, Android, Blackberry & Windows 8 Devices are supported
Shared Calendars & Address Books
SkyDrive, MS Office Professional Plus
Office 365 Email & Microsoft Office Professional Plus.
You will continue to use Microsoft Outlook Web App or Microsoft Outlook to view and send email from your school account, as well as, use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPointand OneNotefor creating and reading documents by signing in at http://www.york.cuny.edu/student/email using the same user name and password.
Please Note:In Office 365 you will not see the York logo.
- Existing SkyDrive*. Your current SkyDrive account can be accessed at https://skydrive.live.com. This will give you access to all existing SkyDrive content and other Microsoft services. You will use the same user name and password to access this account as you do to access Live@edu today. Note that CUNY/York College no longer administers this account. As a result, we cannot reset the password for you. You can use https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx to reset the password for your personal account after the upgrade. You can manually migrate your existing SkyDrive content to your new MS Office 365 SkyDrive account.
- New SkyDrive*. Your new SkyDrive account (OneDrive) can be accessed at http://www.york.cuny.edu/student/email.
*SkyDrive allows storing and sharing files and photos. MS Office Professional Plusallows users to store and share documents online.
For frequently asked questions, click on the following link https://www.york.cuny.edu/it/service-delivery-unit/service-desk/self-service-applications/office-365-faqs. Please Note: Microsoft Lync and SharePoint will NOT be available at the time of this upgrade.
For information on setting up your mobile devices, click on the following link: http://help.outlook.com/en-US/140/cc825479.aspx
Please let us know if any of the above links are not working by contacting our Service Desk at ext. 5311 or by creating a YConnect Self Service ticket. To do this go to the "Login To" prompt at the top of this page and select "Service Desk(Student)".
Please note the following important details:
- Students should login at http://www.york.cuny.edu/student/email and take advantage of this new MS Office 365 email service available at our campus.
- Students’ existing email account and mailbox content will be transferred to this new service.
- Students’ current email addresses will be used to access this new service.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 6 or 7, upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer.
- If you use Outlook to read your email and you are using Microsoft Office 2003 client, upgrade to Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 to continue using Outlook.
- As a security measure, please do not share your user name or password with anyone. York staff will not ask for this information. Please do not provide any personal, health or college-related information that could compromise your identity.