Blackboard Student Support
Help Desk Hours and Location: Spring & Fall: Monday - Thursday: 9:00 AM -10:45 PM Fridays: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Saturdays: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Summer Sessions: Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Room: Academic Core 2E03E, Classroom Building 201
- How to use and access blackboard
- How to set up or change your email on Blackboard
- When logging on to Blackboard for the first time, check if your email address is correctly set up. It is important to have a valid email on your Blackboard account as it will be used to communicate with your students if you are a professor, with your course instructor if you are a student.
- How to use E-mail feature to communicate in the class
- The way to communicate in Blackboard using E-mail is the same for student users and faculty users.
- How to use Discussion Board (For students)
- How to use Digital Drop Box (For students)
- The Digital Drop Box is used to exchange files with your course instructor. You can use it to send a file to or receive a file from your instructor.
- How to use Messages feature to communicate with instructor or classmates
- How to set up your homepage on Blackboard
- Your homepage on Blackboard is a place where you could publish your personal information, a picture and three of your favorite websites. Your classmates are able to view it.
- Student E-Mail Account
- As a student at York College/CUNY, you have been assigned an IMP e-mail account. For June graduates, accounts will be kept active until December 31 of the year of graduation. For January graduates, accounts will be kept active until June 31 of the year of graduation.
- How to navigate Blackboard