Smart Classrooms are equipped with the state-of-art computer, interactive panel, large screen or interactive whiteboard (also called smartboard), and audiovisual equipment. It provides the tools for faculty to incorporate a wide range of media in instruction, save the annotation of the course content presentation, and to enrich student learning experience.
- Interactive display panel and pen.
- Projection screen (for larger rooms) or interactive whiteboard (for smaller rooms).
- CD and DVD player.
- Document camera (a few rooms have it)
- Interface to hook up a laptop that faculty brings.
- USB ports.
- LCD ceiling mounted projector.
Smart classrooms have an interactive display panel on a podium. Some smaller smart classrooms are equipped with a smartboard while larger rooms have a large projection screen.
All smart classrooms are locked when there is no class in the room. If you are assigned to teach in a smart classroom, you can get the key from the campus Public Safety Office at AC 1M02. Bring your York ID card to AC 1M02. You will obtain a form for the key to the smart classroom. After filling in the form and submitting it to the Public Safety Office, you will be given the key. You should return the key to the Public Safety Office at the end of the semester.
The Educational Technology Center provides workshops for beginners and advanced users, and we require all faculty members who will use a smart classroom to participate in our training workshops.
- How to activate lectern, log in, connect to external devices
- How to open the on-screen keyboard
- How to use document camera
- How to do annotation using StarBoard system and save the annotation
- How to annotate a PowerPoint presentation and save the annotation