Technical requirements for taking online/hybrid courses
Hardware and software required for taking online or hybrid courses.
error while rendering collective.contentleadimage.full
As online or hybrid courses will be conducted 100% or over 30% online, you will need these hardware and software applications:
- a computer at home.
- a broadband internet connection from home.
- a web browser such as FireFox, Chrome.
- a CUNY Portal/Blackboard account (what is CUNY Portal/Blackboard account?)
- a York College email also called Live at York email (what is Live at York email?)
- a word processing software such as MS-Word.
- other hardware or software required by your course instructor such as a headset, a spreadsheet application (e.g. MS-Excel). See your course syllabus for detailed technical requirements for your course.