Computer Lab Rules
Check in/Check out Procedures
- Only York College students with validated ID cards are permitted to use the labs.
- Instructors will provide class rosters at the beginning of the semester.
- At the beginning of the semester, lab staff will update lab use stickers on all validated ID cards.
- Students required to use lab disks will surrender their ID cards to obtain the disks.
- All other students will show their ID cards and sign in to be allowed to use the computers.
- As a matter of courtesy and for the sake of lab security, faculty members should identify themselves to the lab staff.
- Students are not permitted to bring friends or family members to the labs.
- No one may enter Control Room area without the consent of the lab staff.
- Faculty equipment should be used for instructional use only. More than two printed copies should be done by the printing office.
- Do not install programs or save data on the hard disk drive without consent of computer staff.
- The lab is not responsible for the damage or loss of files, or any other personal belongings.
- Faculty should not invite students into the Control Room at any time.