CUNY Portal and Blackboard Frequently Asked Questions
Blackboard related FAQs
- How to register for a CUNY portal account? (PDF)
- What if I forget my portal/Blackboard username or password?
- What if the portal sends me a new password but I cannot find that email?
- How can I change my portal password after logging in the portal? (PDF)
- How can I change my email address in the portal? (PDF) Please note: if you change your email address in the portal, the new email address will be kept for a few days or even just one day. When the portal is updated with the SIMS data (for students) or CUPS (for faculty/staff), in the near future, it is the CUNYFirst data, your email address in the portal will be changed to whatever in these systems.
- How can I change my primary college in the portal? (PDF)
- How can I set up or change my email address in the Blackboard?
- How to add text on Discussion Board for my Blackboard course using IE7? (PDF)
- Why can't I open an external link in Blackboard course site?
- What if I don't want to see a course link on "My Courses" panel?
- How to access York student email?
If you need further assistance, contact the help desk at 718-262-5300.