Blackboard Faculty Support
- What do you need to know when using Blackboard
- Blackboard Workshops for Faculty
- Blackboard Beginner Tutorials:
*NEW* Features in Blackboard - December 2013
Here are the new features enabled by the upgrade to Blackboard 9.1 SP 13, as of December 28, 2013
- Global navigation - Now all your academic information is organized in one place, providing a consistent, quick, and easy way to find everything.
- Inline Grading - You can view, comment on, and grade submitted Word assignments without leaving the grading page.
- Date Management - Quickly transition your course from one semester to the next by automatically changing old availability dates and dates to new ones.
- New Text Editor - The improved content editor allows you to format text, attach files, embed multimedia, and insert equations, hyperlinks, and tables.
- New Calendar - The new calendar allows you to access all of your courses in one color-coded calendar page to keep up with events, assignments, and more.
- Video Everywhere : Embed Webcam Recording - You can record video everywhere from the content editor.
- - New test features improve access and functionality.
- New Discussion Board Option: "Participants must create a thread in order to view other threads in this forum"
- Retention Center - Allows you to monitor student engagement and offer assistance to students who are struggling.
- Click Here to see some tips and frequently asked questions about Blackboard
- How to make your course available to students
- User Guide for Content Collection in Blackboard (CUNY resource page)
- How to post/edit course documents and web resources
- How to use folders to organize your course content
- How to work with Blackboard text editor (video)
- How to use Blackboard Files tool (this tool allows you to upload files to your course site by drag-and-drop.)
- How to add a Mashup (this tool allows you to add YouTube videos, Flickr photos and SlideShare presentations in your course content area and Announcements.)
- How to use iTunes U in your course (PDF)
- Using the Math Editor in Blackboard (PDF)
- Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing
- Click Here to test your OS and browser and configure your system for Blackboard Collaborate.
- How to set up a Room in Blackboard Collaborate (text)
- On-demand video tutorials on how to use Blackboard Collaborate
- Blackboard Collaborate Moderator's Guide
- How to create an assignment
- How to grade submitted assignments (video)
- How to create a grading rubric (video)
- How to associate a rubric to a grading item such as discussion forum, assignment
- How to grade an assignment with rubric
- SafeAssign (anti-plagiarism tool)
- How to create a column in Grade Center (pdf)
- How to post grades and feedback to student's work in Grade Center when their work is collected as hard copies (pdf)
- How to set up weighted column in the Grade Center to calculate the final grade (pdf)
- How to create random blocks and add them to a Test in Blackboard (pdf)
- How to upload test questions from Excel (video)
- How to work with Grade Center offline (pdf)
- Click HERE to access many more tutorials on how to use Grade Center, how to create grading rubric, associate a rubric with an assignment or a discussion forum and grade with rubric, how to create different types of questions in a Test, review survey results, build a question pool, and create a Random Block.
- How to launch EAC Visual Data Blackboard Building Block
- Must read
- Quick start (start at step 4 since we launch the EAC application in a different way as described in the first tutorial.)
- More documents
How to Create Blogs and Wikis:
1. Blackboard native blog and wiki
They are developed by Blackboard. Here are some tutorials on how to work with Bb blog and wiki:
- Getting started with interactive tools (PDF)
- Creating a Journal (video) - to create a journal assignment on the course site
- Creating and editing journal entries (video)
- Commenting on a journal entry (video)
- Creating a blog (video) - to create a blog assignment on the course site
- Creating and editing blog entires (video)
- Commenting on a blog entry (video)
- Creating a wiki (video) - to create a wiki site for the entire class on the course site. This tutorial shows you how to create a wiki site from the "Course Tools" section under the control panel. However, you can create a wiki site in any content areas such as "Assignments". Go to a content area and click "Add interactive tool". Select "Wiki".
- Adding rich content to a wiki (video)
- Editing a wiki page (video)
- Linking wiki pages (video)
- Viewing a wiki page history (video)
- Grading a wiki (video)
2. Campus Pack blog and wiki
They are developed by Learning Objects, Inc. and will no longer be available by the end of the Fall 2013. The following link gives a quick start guide for instructors on how to create, configure and use Blog and Wiki.
- How to create a blog in a Blackboard course
- How to add/edit a blog post
- How to create a wiki in a Blackboard course
- How to work with wiki
Click the above link to see many tutorials on CUNY's Blackboard site about how to work with different tools and course areas in Blackboard 9.
Blackboard Learn Instructor Guide created by Blackboard Inc.
If you need further assistance, contact the help desk at 718.262.5300, or send an e-mail to.