Writers of Passage Essay Competition
Feb 15, 2008
from 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
|Where||Shcolarship Center, room 1D10|
|Contact Name||Ms. Rachel Cooke|
|Add event to calendar||vCal|
Winning students will receive a $5,000 scholarship for their compelling essays about how students at HBCUs or PBIs have established a rich tradition of promoting social justice and how they can flex their political muscle in the upcoming 2008 political season. In addition, the student's HBCU or PBI will receive a $20,000 grant for improving student outreach and writing enhancement initiatives.
Who May Apply
To apply a student must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student (freshman, sophomore, or junior) in an HBCU or PBI at the time of competition (Fall 2007 and/or Spring 2008 semesters)
Demonstrate financial need as defined by his or her college or university
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (4.0 scale)
- Have filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2007-2008
The Application Process, Students must complete and submit the following:
- Completed Application
- Completed Certification and Authorization Form
- Completed 2008 Writers of Passage essay addressing the question outlined.
- Transcripts: college transcripts for students who have completed one or more semesters of post-secondary education. (Print from Esims)
- Copy of the student's complete 2007-2008 academic year Student Aid Report (SAR).
The application, Certification and Authorization form, as well as all required supporting documents must be mailed to NAFEO in one envelope and postmarked by Friday, February 15, 2008.
Ms. Rachel Cooke firstname.lastname@example.org