Science and Math Expo 2007
from 08:00 AM to 02:00 PM
The Fourth Annual York College Science Exposition 2007 is designed to be an integral part of the teaching and learning of mathematics and science research. It will:
- Provide high school students with an opportunity to work side by side with York College students in making presentations to the College Community;
- Provide high school students and teachers with the opportunity to meet York College faculty and develop relationships for future and continued research projects.
- Explore career opportunities through the York College student science and mathematics research programs.
The York College Mathematics and Science Exposition 2007 is open to high school students, Grades 9 – 12. Assistant Principals in each high school should select a teacher liaison to work with the high school students and the College. The maximum number of students who may work on each project is two. Only poster board presentations should be submitted.
Students must submit the title and a 100-150 word abstract by Wednesday, May 9th. An abstract information sheet is provided. Electronic submission via the web Science and Math Expo 2007- Signup and Guidelines is preferred but the hard copy may also be submitted to:
Sandra Regester, Academic Affairs
94-20 Guy R. Brewer Blvd.
Jamaica, NY 11451
A Certificate of Participation will be presented at the awards luncheon to all students who take part in the EXPO. The Exposition will be held on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 with poster set up beginning at 8:00 am. Posters will be judged and prizes awarded.
Science Exposition 2007 Planning Committee
- Lyndon Haynes, York College, AMP Coordinator
- Robert Winston, Thomas Edison High School
- Louis Levinger, Biology Dept., York College
- Emmanuel Chang, Chemistry Dept., York College
- Ruel Desamero, Chemistry Dept., York College
- Stanley Schleifer, Geology Dept., York College
- Joseph Malkevitch, Math Dept., York College
- Felicia Romano, Long Island City High School
- Farley Mawyer, Math Dept., York College
- Jie Zhang, Queens High School for the Sciences
- Panayiotis Meleties, Academic Affairs, York College