Preparing for the Workplace: The Art of Networking
Workshop will cover the importance of successful networking.
Dec 04, 2008
from 12:00 PM to 02:00 PM
|Contact Name||Career Services|
|Add event to calendar||vCal|
Learn the Secrets of Successful Networking
Did You Know That 75 % Of All Jobs Are Gotten Through Networking?
Presented by Office of Career Services and the YC Leaders of Tomorrow Club
Five Networking Tips:
- What separates networking from a random conversation is “follow-up.”
- Networking know-how is a skill that anybody can acquire through practice.
- Approach the networking process with a greater sense of purpose, not just to meet a casual acquaintance.
- When networking opportunities are in a structured setting, like a “meet-and-greet” session, be prepared with resumes or business cards.
- When grabbing a networking opportunity, have an “elevator speech” ready to deliver about your job goals.
Prizes will be given out!