Free Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for Haitian Immigrants

If you are Haitian, you may be able to apply for Temporary Protected Status (TPS), which would allow you to live and work legally in the United States for as long as Haiti is designated a TPS country.
When Feb 20, 2010
from 11:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Where York College Atrium
Contact Phone 718-262-2983
Add event to calendarvCal

The City University of New York, CUNY School for Professional Studies, York College/CUNY, MOIA, The Legal Aid Society and OTDA in Conjunction with Congressman Gregory W. Meeks. 

Invite you to attend Free Haitian TPS applications granted by the Department of Homeland Security to individuals who cannot safely return to their countries of origin due to grave disturbances, such as natural disasters. TPS grants individuals in the United States the right to remain here legally and gives them permission to work for up to 18 months. CUNY Citizenship Now! (formerly CUNY Citizenship and Immigration Project), the CUNY School of Professional Studies, the New York City Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs, the Legal Aid Society, Medgar Evers College, and the Office of Temporary Disability Assistance will be providing application assistance to eligible Haitians on the following dates.

To see the basic eligibility requirements and the documents that you will need to have in order to complete your application.