Executive Leader Breakfast with Jonathan Mariner
from 08:00 AM to 10:00 AM
I am pleased to announce Jonathan Mariner, the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Major League Baseball, has agree to host a 20 minute question and answer session exclusively for York students. This is a great informational and networking opportunity. The Q& A will take place right after the Executive Leadership Breakfast on Friday, December 10, 2010 at 9:30am. The breakfast will take place in the Faculty Dining Room (8:00 – 9:30am) and the Q&A session will take place in 2C03 (9:30-10am).
Students should attend both sessions and state that they were invited by Career Services. Please RSVP for both the breakfast and the Q&A session by using one of the following methods:
This event is on a first come, first served basis. Please come prepared with at least one question for the speaker.
Suggestions For Questions:
- How much of your present career did you foresee as a student or young professional- if any of it?
- What were some of the core principles that you implemented that led to the transformation of the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau from an insolvent organization to one with a surplus- any practical applications for individuals?
- What do you consider to be the most successful points in your work history?
- What are some of the key challenges and success factors for a CFO?
- What is an example of something you have done that has had a real impact? In general, what are your main priorities?
- How does one go from serving as an Executive VP and Chief Operating Officer of Charter Schools USA, one of the nation’s leading and fastest growing Charter school development and management companies to a leadership role in Major League Baseball? Is it not like apples and oranges?
- What is your most compelling argument for those who oppose charters schools?
- How important is the role of a mentor in one’s professional career?