Change The "Stand Your Ground" Law
Sep 26, 2013
from 12:00 PM to 02:00 PM
|Contact Name||Dr. Ron Daniels|
|Add event to calendar||
WE MUST NEVER FORGET!
- Dr. Mychel Namphy, Assistant Professor of English
- Dr. Divine Pryor, Executive Director, Center for NuLeadership On Urban Solutions
- Darius Charney, Senior Attorney, Center for Constitutional Rights
- Gloria Brown Marshall, Esq., Author, Professor, John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- Xavier Crandle, Acting Vice President, York College National Society of Leadership and Success
- Ronald Soutar, York College Men's Center
The Dream Defenders -- Student Civil Rights Activists from Florida Moderator: Dr. Ron Daniels, Distinguished Lecturer, Behavioral Sciences Key Questions:
- Was the George Zimmerman Trial Mishandled?
- What is the background and motive behind Florida’s "Stand Your Ground Law?"
- What role did racial profiling play in the death of Trayvon Martin?
- How wide-spread is racial profiling of Black and Brown young men around the nation?
- What can York College students, faculty and staff do to achieve justice out of the Trayvon Martin tragedy?
Take Time, Make Time to Attend!