- Developing Expertise: A Look across Helping Professions
Panel presented by Dana Fusco, Teacher Education, Beverly Horowitz, Occupational Therapy, Lilly Matthew, Nursing, Claudette McFarquhar, Nursing, and Vadim Moldovan, Social Work. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Enhancing Advisor Skills & Knowledge Series
The Art and Science of Communication in Transformational Advising.
- Everything You Need to Know about Working with ELL/ESL Students
A workshop on teaching and learning of English Language Learners and Students with English as a Second Language. Presenters include Aegina Barnes, Elizabeth Meddeb, and Zohra Saad, Foreign Languages, ESL and Humanities. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Faculty Workload Issues in Undergraduate Research: Supporting Student Learning Outcomes by Getting Support Yourself
Panel with members from the Advisory Council of the Office of Undergraduate Research
- Flipping - Turning the Classroom Inside Out
- Flipping: Turning the Classroom Inside Out (Part 2)
Workshop facilitated by Margarett Alexandre, Health Professions, Emily Davidson, Health Professions, and Lidia Gonzalez, Mathematics & Computer Science.
- Helping Students Engage with Primary Literature in the Sciences: Motivation and Methods
Panel with Elizabeth Alter, Biology, Emmanuel Chang, Chemistry, Emily Davidson, Health Professions, Rob Duncan, Behavioral Sciences, & Ian Hansen, Behavioral Sciences.
Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- How Students Learn, How Teachers Teach, and What Usually Goes Wrong with the Process: An Introduction to Learning Styles
Dr. Richard Felder, Hoechst Celanese Professor Emeritus of Chemical Engineering at North Carolina State University, will discuss the consequences of mismatches between student learning and instructor teaching styles, and ways for reaching students beyond traditional teaching methods.
Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Implementing Independent Study and Research Programs
- Infusing Undergraduate Research into the Curriculum
Panel discussion with panelists Rob Duncan, Behavioral Sciences, Nicholas Grosskopf, Health & Physical Education, and Nazrul Khandaker, Earth & Physical Sciences.
Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL).