- Women's Empowerment and the 'New Immigration': York's VITA Program
Provost Lecture series with Prof. Robert Clovey, Dr. Michael Flynn, Dr. Fabiola F. Salek.
- CETL: Plagiarizing Plagiarism: Integrity and Learning Process
Plagiarizing Plagiarism: Integrity and Learning Process
- Mardi Gras Block Party!
The Departments of Behavioral Sciences and Biology will host a Mardi Gras Block Party along the 4E corridor. Come get information about our programs, meet our faculty, find out about research opportunities, have some fun with your fellow students and enjoy the Mardi Gras atmosphere. Find out which of our programs match your interests and will help you achieve your future goals.
- Will You Have Enough Money to Retire?
Many Americans underestimate how much money they will need to save by the time they retire. Perhaps that's because only 43% of people have tried to calculate how much money they will need in order to retire comfortably. Of those who have performed the calculation, one-third are not confident in their results.
- Provost Lecture Series - Dr. Robin Harper
"Foreign Workers and Israeli-Jewishness Dilemma,"
About a year ago, a small group of faculty and staff from various departments launched a discussion of The Story of the Stone [often referred to as The Dream of the Red Chamber], a Chinese classic from the 1760s by Cao Xueqin. It has been a fascinating and thoroughly enjoyable endeavor.
- Invitation to a Reading by Dr. Conrad Dyer
From his novel "9 DAYS - A Jamaican Country Mystery"
- Re-Thinking Undergraduate Research: Strategies for Creating Effective Assignments
Workshop facilitated by York College Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) Writing Fellows.
Co-sponsored by the York College WAC Program & the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL).
- Maker-Culture and You: How 3D Printing and Hands-On Learning Can Augment Traditional Pedagogy
Workshop and Webinar facilitated by Dan Phelps, Performing & Fine Arts and Multimedia Facilities Coordinator.
- Infusing Undergraduate Research into the Curriculum
Panel discussion with panelists Rob Duncan, Behavioral Sciences, Nicholas Grosskopf, Health & Physical Education, and Nazrul Khandaker, Earth & Physical Sciences.
Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL).