- Provost Lecture: "The 'Salt' of Peace"
Dr. Helen R. Andretta, Deputy Chair, Professor of English
- Free Tax Preparation Assistance
York College VITA Program In Association With Congressman Gregory W. Meeks will provide Free Tax Preparation Assistance
- Proposing a Writing Intensive Course: A Workshop
A Writing Across the Curriculum workshop to help faculty in any discipline develop an existing course into a proposal for a Writing Intensive-designated offering.
- Recent Climate Change: A New Approach to Interpreting the Data
Provost Lecture Series - Dr. Samuel Borenstein and Dr. Stanley Schleifer
- Executive Leadership Breakfast
President Marcia V. Keizs & The CUNY Aviation Institute invites you to the York College Executive Leadership Breakfast
- Calandra Institute Annual Reception
The John D. Calandra Institute for Italian American Studies together with
the Italian American Faculty Staff Council of the Institute will hold its
- Downtown Jamaica Summer Concert
This week concludes the Downtown Jamaica Summer Concert Series. Since the beginning of July, over sixty jazz concerts have taken place all over the greater downtown Jamaica area. Don't miss your chance to see the two special final concerts of the series!
- Writing Across the Disciplines
Panel discussion on incorporating student writing across different academic disciplines, facilitated by Dr. Michael Cripps, English, Writing Program, & WAC. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- College Preparation, Selectivity, and Today's College Students
Workshop on research findings pertaining to college preparation and selectivity among college students, including CUNY students. Dr. Tania Levey, Social Sciences, will present. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Using Social Software to Build Collaborative Learning Space
A workshop on incorporating wikis, blogs and other forms of social software to enhance collaborative learning. Presenters include Wenying Huang-Stolte, Educational Technology and Bill Divale, Social Sciences. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.