- Women's Basketball-CUNYAC Quarterfinals
York will begins its quest for a CUNYAC Championship when they visit Lehman College on Sunday in the CUNYAC quarterfinals
- Women's Empowerment and the 'New Immigration': York's VITA Program
Provost Lecture series with Prof. Robert Clovey, Dr. Michael Flynn, Dr. Fabiola F. Salek.
- Women's Video Health Series
The Women's Health Video series and discussion will provide an educational forum for female students, faculty and staff to discuss the major issues affecting women across the lifespan, including racial and ethnic disparities, prenatal care, etc.
- Workshop: Leading Classroom Discussions: How to Talk to People Who Do Not Want to Talk to You
Presenter: Howard Ruttenberg, History and Philosophy
- Workshop: Strategies for Teaching in a Classroom of Diverse Learners
Presenter: Margaret Ballantyne, Foreign Languages, ESL, and Humanities
- Workshop: Using Blackboard and Live Webcasting to Improve Learning
Presenters: William Divale, Social Sciences and Danyang Zhang, Performing and Fine Arts
- World AIDS Day
Do You Know? Get Tested!
- World Mental Health Day
The event will provide a speaker to discuss the topic: "The Rising Incidents of Suicide among College Students: A Public Health Concern in NYC"
- Writers of Passage Essay Competition
The Sallie Mae Fund and the National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education (NAFEO) have extended the deadline for the Writers of Passage Essay Competition to February 15th, 2008!
This year's essay topic challenges students to use the 2008 elections as a chance to significantly engage the 18-25 year old electorate in civic and political life.
- Writing Across the Curriculum Colloquium
All faculty have a stake in helping to shape the future of WAC at York, as it will affect their classes, their disciplines, and their departments, and this is an opportunity to help articulate what a culture of writing means for you.