- Understanding the Politics and Context of Predatory Journals
Presentation by Monica Berger, Associate Professor & Electronic Resources Librarian, CUNY City Tech.
Co-sponsored by the York College Library & the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL).
- CETL Workshop November 13
A workshop facilitated by WAC Writing Fellows Nicholas Cross, Meredith Mowder, Tristan Striker, Kyle Waugh, Monique Whitaker, and Alper Yildiz.
- How Students Learn, How Teachers Teach, and What Usually Goes Wrong with the Process: An Introduction to Learning Styles
Dr. Richard Felder, Hoechst Celanese Professor Emeritus of Chemical Engineering at North Carolina State University, will discuss the consequences of mismatches between student learning and instructor teaching styles, and ways for reaching students beyond traditional teaching methods.
Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- 5th Annual Day of Assessment
The York College Outcomes Assessment Committee conducts the 5th Annual Day of Assessment, co-sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Beyond Blackboard: Using Social Media In and Out of the Classroom
- Implementing Independent Study and Research Programs
- Assess, Mark, Comment, or Correct?: How to Respond Effectively to Student Writing
- The Interactivity Foundation (IF) Process: Pedagogy for Small Group Discussion of Public Policy Issues
- Flipping - Turning the Classroom Inside Out
- Of CUNY, By CUNY, For CUNY: How We All Benefit from Open Access and Why We Need an Institutional Repository
Presentation by Jill Cirasella, Library Department, Brooklyn College.
Sponsored by the Library Department, York College & the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning