- Supporting Family Caregivers in a Multicultural Society
Provost Lecture Series - Dr. Deborah Majerovitz
- Ten Months Later – What about Haiti’s Homeless?
York college African American resource center and the department of foreign languages present: Ten Months Later – What about Haiti’s Homeless?
- The Hell of High Water
Recent Hurricane Destruction in Haiti, Cuba, and other Caribbean Countries –
Prof. Mark Schuller (Dept. of Social Sciences) & Holger Henke, Ph.D. (Assistant Provost)
- The Little School to the Strange House
From the Little School to the Strange House: A Mother/ Daughter Journey Writing against State Terrorism by Alicia Partnoy & Ruth Irupe Sanabria.
- The Sean Bell Verdict and Beyond
Screening of the film “365 Days of Marching: The Amadou Diallo Story,” by Veronica Keitt.
- York College Appoints Dr. Ron Daniels Distinguished Lecturer
A Black History Month presentation entitled Beyond Heroes and Heroines: Black History as Corrective for Racism and Cultural Aggression; a discussion of the impact of the work of Dr. Martin Luther King
- York College Mathematics Education Seminar Series: Tessellations in Stained Glass and Quilts
The Mathematics and Computer Science Club at York proudly presents the first in a series of monthly mathematics education talks this year at York College. The talk, titled Tessellations in Stained glass and Quilts, will be given by Roberta M Eisenberg, Chairperson, United Federation of Teachers Math Teachers Committee.
- York Kicks Off Lectures With Water
York College's inagrual lecture by Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences Professor Nazrul Khandaker's regarding the Department of Environmental Protection's newest water tunnel.
- NSSS - Life Cycle Evolution, Immortality, and Transdifferentiation in Hydrozoa (Cnidaria)
Hosted by: Margaret MacNeil
- Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
A Conversation with Frances Negrón-Muntaner: Producer/Director/Writer/Videographer