- Town Hall Meeting (Afternoon)
All members of the York College community are invited to attend.
- Plagiarism: Deterring and Detecting - A Faculty Workshop
Writing Across the Curriculum invites you to a Brown Bag Faculty Workshop to discuss deterring and detecting plagiarism. Share your experiences with other faculty members as we address the causes of plagiarism and what can be done to prevent it.
- Benefits and Financial Fair
It's that time of year again! The Fall 2007 Health Benefits Transfer Period is effective Thursday, November 1st - Friday, November 30th.
- Provost Lecture Series: Linking Research and Practice in Teacher Education
Refreshments will be served
- Foreign Languages/ESL/Humanities Dept. Book Signing
Come meet York Professor's Sonia Rivera-Valdes & Margarita Drago as well as author Paquita Saurez-Coalla as they present selected reading from their newly published books.
- Social Work-Eastern Europe
Eastern Europe - Progress, Plans, and Prospects: A report on three years of research and academic collaboration in the Republic of Moldova.
- Opening Art Gallery Reception
Join the Department of Performing and Fine Arts in presenting faculty artist Ryan Seslow!
- Discussion Board in Blackboard
Discussion about the uses of Board in Blackboard.
- Conversation with the with the Chancellor
Conversation with CUNY Chancellor Matthew Goldstein.
- Collaborative Learning Workshop
In the first event of the 2007-2008 Practical Pedagogies Series, Linda Grasso (Professor of English) will facilitate an interactive discussion of Collaborative Learning as instructional practice. This event is intended primarily for faculty teaching writing courses.