- Learning During Unsettled Times
College Graduates Academic Performance and Recent Experiences in the U.S.
- National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
In 2009, York College freshmen and seniors participated in the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), a national survey administered by the Indiana University Center for Postsecondary Research.
- Writing at York College/CUNY: Achievements and Challenges
CETL Workshop conducted by Michael Cripps, WAC and Writing Program Coordinator. Sponsored by the Writing Across the Curriculum Program and the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Enhancing Advisor Skills & Knowledge Series
The Art and Science of Communication in Transformational Advising.
- Developing and Demonstrating Cultural Competence in Academic Advising
Please join us for this multimedia presentation, the first in the Enhancing Advisor Skills & Knowledge Series
- Teaching, Learning and Technology: Fostering Deep Learning through Technology
Speaker Forum sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Writing Across the Disciplines
Panel discussion on incorporating student writing across different academic disciplines, facilitated by Dr. Michael Cripps, English, Writing Program, & WAC. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Using Social Software to Build Collaborative Learning Space
A workshop on incorporating wikis, blogs and other forms of social software to enhance collaborative learning. Presenters include Wenying Huang-Stolte, Educational Technology and Bill Divale, Social Sciences. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Everything You Need to Know about Working with ELL/ESL Students
A workshop on teaching and learning of English Language Learners and Students with English as a Second Language. Presenters include Aegina Barnes, Elizabeth Meddeb, and Zohra Saad, Foreign Languages, ESL and Humanities. Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Outside the Box: Teaching and Learning with Technology
Speaker Series Forum: Dr. Jason Scorza, Associate Provost for Global Learning & Associate Professor of Philosophy and Political Science, Farleigh Dickinson University.
Sponsored by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning