- Celebrate a new book on French rule in Cameroon by Dr. Martin Atangana
The African American Resource Center and the Department of History and Philosophy invite the community to a reception marking the recent publication of "The End of French Rule in Cameroon." Nov. 10 at 4:30 p.m. in Room 3B04.
- Gender Dynamics in the 2008 Presidential Election
Professors Margaret Ballantyne, Laura Fishman, Robin Harper and Deborah Majerovitz will discuss various social, psychological and historical factors that constitute the complex relationship between gender and politics.
- Panel discussion and book reception, "Town and Gown: The Fight for Social Justice, Urban Rebirth, and Higher Education."
Dr. Robert Parmet, Professor of History and founding faculty member of York College, is honored by the Greater Jamaica Development Corporation, F. Carlisle Towery, President.
- Phi Alpha Theta Initiation Ceremony and End of Year Party
Student initiation into National History Honor Society plus end-of-year celebration for all students, faculty and staff.
- From Battleground to Empire State: New York and the Legacy of the War of 1812
Remembering the War of 1812 is part of the Talking About History Series, presented by King Manor Museum in conjunction with York College, the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, and the New York Council on the Arts. Alfred Ronzoni is the guest speaker.