Eighth Annual Research Colloquium
Mar 01, 2017
from 04:30 PM to 07:00 PM
|Where||Faculty Dining Room, Rm: AC-2D01|
|Contact Name||Elizabeth Pizarro|
|Add event to calendar||vCal|
Managing Movement Disorders And Ataxia
Who Should Attend
CUNY Faculty, Occupational Therapists, Clinicians and Health and Human Service providers, Occupational Therapy students and students of health professions, movement science, and rehabilitation. This is a NYSOTA/AOTA approved CEU event.
- 4:45 pm Registration
- 5:00 pm Welcome and Introduction Dr. Lillian Kaplan, Chair Department of Occupational Therapy
- 5:00 – 6:30 pm Guest Speaker Glen Gillen, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA Managing Movement Disorders and Ataxia
- 6:30 -7:00 pm Conclusions and Implications, Questions, and Discussion
Please RSVP By February 13Th, 2017
For CEU units: RSVP for this event through the New York State Occupational Therapy Association (NYSOTA)
For all others: Please RSVP to Ms. Elizabeth Pizarro, COA, Department of Occupational Therapy
- Understand how various movement disorders negatively impact attempts to engage in everyday activities.
- Be able to comprehensively evaluate factors that limit or support daily performance for this population.
- Be able to create intervention plans to maximize daily performance for those living with movement disorders.