Why Invest in New York?
New York is the home to several distinguished landmarks including; The Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, Rockefeller Center, Niagara Falls and of course Times Square. New York is also a major crossroad for international headquarters like the United Nations and the New York Stock Exchange.
Here are the numbers:
- New York has 94 Fortune 500 companies
- New York’s gross state product in 2008 was $1.1 trillion, ranking third in size behind the states of California and Texas
- Ranks 2nd in the nation in total research and development investment
- $24.4 billion in High Tech payroll
- Upwards of 250 institutions of higher education, both public and private, whose direct economic impact exceeds $100 billion annually
- 13th largest economy in the world
- 3rd largest grape grower & 2nd largest wine producer
- 6.2% increase in statewide tourism spending to $57.3 billion
Its size, economic power, and proximity to many of the world’s leading companies, makes New York State an attractive place to which to invest.