Honors Recognition Ceremony
May 28, 2014
from 06:30 PM to 08:30 PM
|Where||Performing Arts Center at York College|
|Contact Name||Holger Henke, Ph.D.|
|Add event to calendar||
Candidates for honors recognition will receive an invitation from the College President inviting them to participate in this event. Bachelor degrees with honors are conferred in accordance with the following cumulative grade point averages (based on a minimum of 56 credits earned at York College):
- Cum Laude 3.5-3.69
- Magna Cum Laude 3.7-3.84
- Summa Cum laude 3.85-4.00
Computation of Graduation Honors will be based on:
- The grades of A+ through F
- NC, R, WU and INC are calculated as F grades
- Administrative grades of PEN, W, WA, *WN, and Z are excluded from calculations, and
- Eligibility will be calculated when all grades have been processed by the Office of the Registrar.
The Graduation Honor of "Presidential Honors" is to be established to:
- Recognize students earning an overall GPA of 4.0, and
- Having completed all course work at York College.
In order to facilitate participation candidates who qualify should take note of the following information:
- Students who will receive an honors recognition certificate should arrive at the Performing Arts Center (PAC) not later than 5:45 pm to check-in, and receive the identifying card they need to have in order to walk on stage. No one will be seated after the program begins.
- The Honors Recognition Ceremony is an academic exercise and designed to be a dignified event. The Platform Members will wear academic regalia and Honors Students walking on stage are expected to wear appropriate attire (business-formal).
- Honors recipients will be seated in the front center section of the PAC. Guests will be seated by event staff.
- A reception for Honors Students, their guests (maximum two), and faculty and staff participating in the event will be held immediately after the event in the lobby area of the PAC.
- The awards listed in this program are based on official transcript information from the Office of the Registrar as of the conclusion of the Fall 2013 semester. Due to printing schedules and deadlines, candidates eligible to graduate with honors resulting from Spring 2014 grades may not be listed in this program and will not receive award certificates. Honors distinctions will be noted on final official transcripts and degrees, however.
- All Honors Students expecting to participate in the exercise are required to register and RSVP for the event. If you cannot attend the event, it would be helpful if you could let us know as well.
- Parking will be available in the College’s two parking lots on Guy R. Brewer Blvd. Street parking on Liberty Avenue and other surrounding streets may also be available.
- For directions to the College and the Performing Arts Center,
Holger Henke, Ph.D.
Assistant Provost & Chair of the Honors Recognition Sub-Committee