Commencement Exercise Application for Appeal
- You must have at least a 2.25 cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- You need no more than 6 credits or 2 courses in order to complete your graduation requirements.
- You will be able to complete degree requirement prior to September 2013.
- Provide proof of your Summer Session(s) 2013 course(s) registration.
- Provide a copy of your unofficial transcript.
- Provide a copy of your Potential Graduate Audit Letter from the Registrar’s Office.
- Write a letter of appeal stating why you should be allowed to participate in commencement and how you plan to complete your remaining credits before September 2013.
- Complete the Commencement Exercise Appeal Application.
- Submit application and requested documents to the Office of Student Development, 2F01A, no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 25, 2013.
If your appeal is granted to participate in the May 2013 commencement exercise, you should have filed for May 2013 graduation.
Note: Your name will not appear in the May 2013 Commencement Program.
THE COMMENCEMENT EXERCISE IS ONLY A CEREMONY AND DOES NOT INDICATE COMPLETION OF ALL DGREE REQUIREMENTS. TO EARN A DEGREE FROM YORK COLLEGE YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL REQUIREMENTS AND SUBMIT A DIPLOMA CARD.