Union Scholars Program
If you are selected, AFSCME will reward with a 10-week summer campaigning job.
You will also recieve:
- A stipend of up to $4,000
- On-site housing at your location
- A week-long orientation and training
- An academic scholarship of up to $5,000 for the 2013-2014 school year, based on successful performance.
- be a second-semester sophomore or junior during the application and interview process;
- major in American Studies, Anthropology, Ecomonics, Ethnic Studies, History, Labor Studies, Political Science, Psycyhogy, Public Policy, Social Work, Sociology or Women's Studies;
- have a minimum 2.5 grade point average
- be a college student of color, including; African American, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian Pacific Islander American, Latino American,
- demonstrate interest in working for social and ecomonic justice through the labor movement
- have a driver's licence
For more information and to apply visit: