NYS Memorial Scholarships Deadline: June 30, 2012
- Be children, spouces and financial dependents of deceased firefighters, volunteer firefighters, police officers, peace officers(correction officers etc.) and emergency medical service workers who have died as the result of injuries sustained in the line of duty in service to the State of New York.
- Study at an approved postsecondary institution in New York State
- Have graduated from high school in the United States, earned a GED, or passed a federally approved "Ability to Benefit" test as defined by the Commissioner of the state Education Department.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student taking 12 or more credits per semester
- Be matriculated in an approved program of study
- Be in good academic standing
- Not be in default on any State or federal loan or on any repayment of state awards.
For more information and to apply for this scholarship visit: