Scholarship Eligibility Criteria and Conditions
The following conditions are applicable to York College Scholarships. Conditions for other scholarships may vary.
- Students must be enrolled, as matriculated students at York College:
- Full time – a minimum of 12 credits
- Part time – a minimum of 6 credits
- Some scholarships may/may not be renewable.
- Academic progress and cumulative GPA are reviewed at the end of each semester to determine eligibility for the upcoming academic year/semester.
- York College awards are applicable to the academic year following the award of the scholarship, Fall and Spring semesters only.
- Multi-year Awards will be revoked if students are not enrolled at York College every Fall and Spring semester. In addition, students must maintain the required GPA for the duration of that award.
- Revoked awards may be reinstated pending committee approval. Awards are applied to tuition and fees at York College. Any remaining balances will be sent to students.
- The total amount of all awards, including any received from New York State grant programs or any other tuition specific award from York College or from an external organization, may or may not exceed your actual tuition charges.
- Only ONE York College Foundation and Auxiliary scholarship may be in effect at any one time (unless agreed upon by the Scholarship Committee).
- The issuance, continuation, and renewal of awards are subject to compliance with all government, York and CUNY eligibility requirements, policies, regulations, procedures, and academic and disciplinary standards in effect at the time.
- Yearly awards are dispensed per semester.
- Completed Application Form: Apply Online!
- Personal Statement, 300-500 words (some scholarships have their own questions)
- 2 letters of recommendation (one should be from a York College Faculty member)