2014 Women's Forum of NY Education Award Scholarship- Deadline
The Award ($10,000 each) will be given to women 35 and over who have faced and overcome adversity and now, after an interruption in their education, have resumed the pursuit of their first Associate or Bachelor Degree.
- Be35 years old by December 1st, 2013 (birth date no later than December 1, 1978)
- Resident of New York City
- Be pursuing her First Associate or Bachelor Degree, have earned at least 12 credits in good standing
- Have attended a college in New York City during the 2013-2013 academic year and be enrolled for at least 6 credits in the 2013-2014 academic year
- Have at least 6 credits to complete graduation requirements after June 2014
- If completing an Associate degree, provide evidence of intention to continue to Bachelor degree program.
- Awardee must complete her second semester within twelve months of receiving the award i.e., by July, 2015
- Demonstrate noteworthy promise and resilience in the face of challenges.
- Demonstrate a commitment to helping others and to making a difference in their community, large or small, when their own career goals are achieved.
- Financial need is not primary determining factor in the section or recipients, although true financial need should be in evidence.
- Submit an official Transcript with her application . They may be required to submit a second official Transcript for the spring semester 2014.
For more information about Women's Forum Inc.: www.womensformny.org