Tropical Salad with Hass Avocado and Grilled Shrimp
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 lb medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Ginger Dressing (see make-ahead recipe below)
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 mangoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 head butter lettuce, core removed, washed and chopped
- 1 ripe, fresh hass avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 3 tbsp.canola oil
- Place shrimp a medium bowl. Mix with half of the ginger dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Thread shrimp onto pre-soaked wooden skewers.
- Pre-heat a grill or grill pan to high heat. Grill shrimp until cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from heat. Use a fork or tong, slide shrimp off skewers and place in a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Toss pineapple, mango and papaya together in a medium bowl.
- Divide lettuce equally among salad plates and top each plate with even amounts of pineapple mixture, avocado slices and shrimp. Drizzle with reserved dressing.
- Place garlic, ginger, cilantro, lemon zest juice, and oil in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 440; Total Fat 19 g (Sat 2 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 4.5 g, Mono 11 g); Cholesterol 220 mg; Sodium 270 mg; Potassium 1070 mg; Total Carbohydrates 45 g; Dietary Fiber 9 g; Total Sugars 29 g; Protein 27 g; Vitamin A 2461 IU; Vitamin C 122 mg; Calcium 116 mg; Iron 5 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Foliate 124 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 1.5 g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 50%; Vitamin C 200%; Calcium 10%; Iron 30% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.