Spicy Roasted Corn And Chicken Salad
A salad can be a healthy meal by itself. Try not to think of just a simple garden salad but add some spice, poultry, lean meats, seafood, eggs, cheese, beans and grains to make an excellent and nourishing meal. It adds volume without adding additional calories.
Ingredients: (Serves approximately 4)
- 4 Cups mixed salad greens
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- (Salt to taste)
- 4 Ears fresh corn
- 4 Cups diced cooked chicken (seasoned to your liking)
- 1 Cup of halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup cooked beets
- 2 Fully ripened avocados peeled
- *Spicy salad dressing like (Balsamic Vinaigrette, Tangy Italian, or Vinegar and Oil)
- Combine lime juice, chili powder and salt in a small cup. Use this mixture to brush corn ears; place in a broiler pan then turn broiler on high. Broil until slightly browned, turn and continue broiling until lightly brown for about 7 to 10 minutes (let cool).
- Combine the chicken, tomatoes and beets in a bowl. Cut each avocado into slices and cut slices in half crosswise and add to chicken mixture.
- Add ¼ cup of spicy dressing, toss gently. Slice two or three ¼ inch from each ear of corn to form corn rounds and set to the side. Cut the remaining corn kernels from the cobs in a bowl.
- Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Top with the chicken mixture and corn kernels. Top off with the rest of the corn rounds. This can be served with additional dressing.