Events and Activities
- Aviation Major Scores Second NAFA Scholarship
- For the second year in a row York College/CUNY student, Muhammad Khattak has won an impressive scholarship from the National Aircraft Finance Association (NAFA).
- JetBlue Airways Provides Opportunity for Sixteen Aviation Management Students
- JetBlue Airways provided the opportunity for sixteen Aviation Management students and Faculty Advisor Robert Aceves to travel to Orlando, Florida for the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) 62nd Annual Meeting and Convention.
- Aviation Majors Complete Inaugural LeaderShape Institute
- During the week of August 16-21, 2009, 37 students and seven staff members had the opportunity to be part of the first LeaderShape Institute in CUNY’s history. The program was sponsored through grant funding secured by the CUNY Aviation Institute at York College.
- Aviation Day Professionals Bring New Possibilities for Careers in Aviation to York Students
- The Aviation Club sponsored its 2nd Annual Aviation Day on April 2, 2009. This event continues to bring York Aviation Management students, high school students, and industry professionals together to discuss aviation careers.
- Aviation Students Visit Jetblue Airways National Training Center in Orlando, Florida
- JetBlue Airways Training Center, also known as "JetBlue University" opened in June 2005. The center is located in Orlando's International Airport and it offers initial and recurrent training for its Flight Operations, Flight Attendant, Technical Operations and Customer Service crewmembers. The approximately 107,000 square foot facility includes an auditorium, classrooms, briefing rooms, offices, an outdoor training pool, and Airbus A320 and Embraer E190 flight simulators.
- Aviation Club attends the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) 61st Annual Meeting and Convention
- In October 2008 the Aviation Club attended the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) 61st Annual Meeting and Convention which was held at Orlando's Orange County Convention Center.
- Aviation Club
- The York College Aviation Club was established in the spring of 2008 to promote aviation within the York College community of students, faculty, and staff. The Aviation Club unites, guides, and supports Aviation Management students.