Academic Advisement Center
The Academic Advisement Center is dedicated to furthering the educational mission of York College by assisting students to be academically successful. Academic advisors support students to successfully transition to the College, explore life and career goals and develop an academic plan. Academic advisement is a collaborative teaching relationship among academic advisors, students, faculty and the College community. Advisors support students to become self-directed learners and persist to graduation and beyond.
Academic Advisors assist students to
- make decisions related to their academic careers at York College.
- understand graduation requirements, and how they impact the choice of courses.
- develop an academic plan for persisting to graduation.
- understand York College programs, policies, procedures and resources.
- explore various majors, and where they can lead after graduation.
- explore life goals, values, abilities, interests and limitations.
Academic Advisement Center Hours
When classes are in session:
Monday and Thursday: 9:00 am – 6:30 pm
Tuesdays and Wednesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (2nd Saturday of month)
- Academic Core Building , Room 2C01
- 718-262-2280 (Academic Advisement)