The following procedures govern parking privileges and should be read by everyone who parks on campus.
- Parking Permits must be hung facing out from the rearview mirror. Obscuring the parking permit with tape or any other material other than that specified on the permit is not acceptable and shall be considered a violation of these regulations.
- Vehicles are not permitted to remain overnight in any parking lot. In an emergency, the Director of Public Safety or designee must be notified and approve all such special requests.
- In the event of a severe snowstorm, if the streets are impassable and your vehicle must remain in the parking lot, please move your vehicle, if possible, to the of perimeter the lot and away from the rear exit on 165th street, to facilitate snow removal. Drivers should aware that the parking lots may not be cleared immediately after a severe snowstorm. The Director of Buildings & Grounds is authorized to restrict parking on campus during a snow emergency.
- Vehicles are required to park within lined spaces only.
- Drivers are required to maintain a safe speed when driving in the parking lots, no more than 5 miles per hour.
- Drivers are required to stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk when entering and leaving the parking lots. RIGHT TURN ON RED is NOT permitted when entering the parking lots. Pedestrians always have the right-of-way in all crosswalks.
- All vehicles are required to have a current registration and inspection sticker affixed to their windshields. An expired registration or inspection sticker will be subject to ticketing.
- It is a violation to park in spaces reserved for authorized vehicles only.
- Parking is prohibited on campus roadways, in loading zones, and in any area not specifically designated for parking. These areas must be kept clear for the normal movement of traffic, fire apparatus, other emergency vehicles, College vehicles, and delivery trucks.
- Vehicles parked in fire lanes, or that obstruct fire hydrants or crosswalks, or create a hazardous condition are subject to ticketing, being booted or towing at the operator's expense.
- Parking in the area designated for persons with disabilities is restricted to vehicles with either the appropriate license plates or tags. The tag must be displayed from the rear view mirror at all times while parked in the designated area. (This is in addition to the York College Parking Permit.)