Please be responsible for your own personal security. Listed below are some suggestions for safe travel:
- Do not walk and talk while holding a cell phone, ipod or CD player in your hand! Use hands free devices whenever possible.
- Be observant. Take notice of your surroundings.
- Walk with your head upright and do not be afraid to make eye contact with passersby.
- When possible, travel with a group of people familiar to you.
- Walk along high traffic, well-lit areas and streets.
- If you are near the campus and feel threatened, quickly enter any entrance to the College and report the incident to the Public Safety Officer at the ID Post located at that entrance.
- Do not stop to engage in conversations with strangers.
- If you are the victim of an act of theft or harassment, do not expose yourself to harm. Commit the incident to memory, allow the individual(s) involved to leave, and report the incident immediately to a Public Safety Officer or other proper authority.
Please help protect your self by following the suggestions above. Remember, security works best collectively, whether it involves you, your fellow co-workers, or classmates.
“If you SEE IT, REPORT IT!”
If you have any questions regarding the above subject matter, please contact the Public Safety Office, Room 1M02, extension 2222.