CUNYfirst Information for Staff
Advantages of CUNYfirst
- Staff members will have a single user name and password for all CUNYfirst applications.
- You can directly connect via the Internet to CUNYfirst Portal from any location. CUNYfirst is not connected to the current CUNY Portal.
- Staff Self Service Documents
Human Resources Self-Service
CUNYfirst offers staff members a direct way of maintaining much of their personal information:
- View, on demand, your personal information and work history.
- Change your personal e-mail addresses (your York e-mail address must remain your primary address), emergency contacts, and professional memberships.
- Provide documentation to update changes and confirm current information for your:
- Home address
- Marital Status
- Name Change
- Social Security Number
- New or re-submitting I-9
- New or advanced degrees
- Honors and certifications
Campus Solutions: Instruction and Advising
Staff members who provide advising services to students will have easier access to information, using Advanced Advisement Tools:
- See, in real time, student transcripts, current class schedule, and contact information, with the ability to contact students directly through CUNYfirst.
- E-mail an individual student or all your student advisees.
- Contact your advisee’s instructors through CUNYfirst.
- A University-wide standard process will post grades electronically. This will enable quicker postings to student transcripts, which will support timely registration for pre- and corequisite requirements.