Application Deadline: Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) at Baruch College
Apr 11, 2014
from 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
|Add event to calendar||
Paid undergraduate research training program funded by the National Science Foundation being offered by the Psychology Department at Baruch College, CUNY for the 2014-2015 academic year. Applications are due on April 11, 2014.
The four research teams are described briefly below. Each team will consist of one faculty member, undergraduate and graduate lab members and three REU students. Students will work with the same research team throughout their training. Students will be asked to indicate the teams with which they would most prefer to work. Although every effort will be made to accommodate students' preferences, high demand for certain research areas may necessitate assigning students to their second or third choices.
- Each REU student will complete an independent research project supervised by an REU faculty mentor
- Each REU student will spend at least 10 hours each week during the fall and spring semesters at Baruch College working as part of a faculty-led research team
- Each REU student will contribute to ongoing research projects by collecting and analyzing data
- All REU students will enroll in a year-long graduate school preparation course taught at Baruch College
- Each student will receive $1960 for each 14-week semester as compensation for time working in the research lab.