- 6th Annual Undergraduate Research Day
Research Day is a celebration of undergraduate research and creative scholarship in all disciplines at York College.
Undergraduate Research Day
- Federal Work Study-Student Researcher/Lab Assistant
The Office of Undergraduate Research is pleased to announce new positions in Federal Work Study program, as Student Researcher/Lab Assistant.
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) at Baruch College
The REU Program:
• Offers advanced research training for one academic year to 12 undergraduate students who attend four-year colleges and universities in the New York metropolitan area.
• Targets students who belong to historically disadvantaged groups.
• Provides a concentrated research experience in which each student plans and executes an independent project and works with a faculty mentor and their research team on existing research projects.
- LSAMP Summer 2015
The NYC Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (NYCLSAMP) goal is to substantially increase the number of underrepresented minority students who pursue and graduate with Baccalaureate Degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
- 5th Annual Undergraduate Research Day - Abstracts Submission Deadline
The Office of Undergraduate Research at York College is pleased to announce the call for abstracts for our 5th Annual Research Day. The conference will take place from 9 to 5pm in the Academic Core building at York College on April 24th, 2014.
- UNICEF Challenge
The Global Design for UNICEF Challenge is a ground-breaking competition that gives students the opportunity to work with UNICEF– the world’s leading advocate for children – to come up with innovative solutions to pressing development problems. UNICEF believes that students are ideal partners in this effort, bringing fresh ideas, familiarity with new technologies, and a passion for change. Students gain valuable experience in project development and design, and become part of an international network of problem-solvers looking for solutions that have far-reaching impact. The top teams win a chance to work with a UNICEF Country Office to test their idea in the field.
- UNICEF Challenge Registration Opens!
Every year, 6.9 million children under the age of five die from causes that have known cures. Similarly, millions of people are affected every year by humanitarian crises, such as typhoon Hayan or the Syria conflict, and up to 80% of the most at-risk populations are women and children.
- Undergraduate Research Club
The Office of Undergraduate Research is proud to introduce a newly created student club, the Undergraduate Research Club (URC).
- CUNY Summer Stem Research Symposium
CUNY CREST invites students from across CUNY to present at the one-day CUNY Summer STEM Research Symposium.
- Registration Deadline: The CUNY Pipeline Program for Careers in College Teaching and Research.
The CUNY Pipeline Program brought to you by the Office of Educational Opportunity and Diversity Programs (OEODP) at the Graduate Center – CUNY Undergraduates from underrepresented groups interested in pursuing the Ph.D. in preparation for college-level teaching and advanced research in any discipline except law, business, and medicine are encouraged to apply. Along with a stipend of $3,850, students will also receive reimbursement for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) fee. The amount of financial support available to each Pipeline student is over $4,000.