York College Honors Program Alumni
Kisha Jezel Ali - Magna Cum Laude, Honors in Chemistry, Sigma Xi Scholar, YC Liberal Arts Honors. Thesis Title: Organic Synthesis of the Glycine caged bis-1,2-(4-acetyphenylethynyl)-4,5-dimethoxybenzene: A Potential Dendritic Nano-Drug Carrier. Mentor: Dr Jong I Lee
- Alberto Bravo - Summa Cum Laude, Barry R. Gross Award for Excellence in Philosophy, YC Liberal Arts Honors. Thesis Title: Philosophy in Action: A Study of the Work of the Committee to Frame a World Constitution, 1945-49. Mentor: Dr Howard Ruttenberg
- Adelina C. Espinoza - Summa Cum Laude, YC Liberal Arts Honors. Thesis Title: The Importance of Cultural Identity in a Multicultural Society. Mentor: Dr Kelly Josephs
- Julianna Hutson - Cum Laude. Thesis Title: Biased Media Reports Limit Female Interest in Becoming Involved in Politics. Mentor: Dr William Hughes
- Vanessa Crevecoeur - Thesis Title: Characterization of Dihydropteridine Reductase using Spectroscopic Techniques: Determining the Mechanisms Governing the Enzyme’s Activity by Monitoring its Interactions with its Ligand, Trimethoprim; Dr. Ruel Desamero, mentor
- Khionna Douglas - Being Black and its Effects on One’s Self-Esteem; Ms Celeta Vanderpool, mentor. Currently: M.A. candidate, Graduate Program in International Affairs, The New School University.
- Joanne Farvil - X-Word Grammar: A Useful Grammar to Teach Editing; Dr Janice Cline, mentor
- Oneka Green - Thesis Title: The implications of listeria monocytogenes in pregnant women; Mrs. Gloria Parra, mentor
- Shawde Harris - Thesis Title: A Population of Wide-Field Amacrine cells in Rabbit Retina; Dr Margaret MacNeil, mentor. Currently: Shawde is working fulltime as a research assistant in Toronto and is completing a graduate certificate program in clinical research (1/09).
- Yashodra L. Parasram - Thesis Title: Effects of PDE5 Inhibitors Sildenafil, Vardenafil and Tadalafil on Radial Maze Acquisition in Male and Female Rats; Dr Francisco Villegas, mentor
- Inge Plumber - Zora Neale Hurston’s Truth in Fiction: The Dream is the Truth; Dr Linda Grasso, mentor
- Tharenie Sivarajah - Thesis Title: Spectroscopic Analysis of the Interaction between Dihydropteridine Reductase (DHPR) its Cofactor and Folic Acid (FA); Dr Ruel Desamero, mentor. Currently: Enrolled in the medical school at the American university of Antigua (6/10).
- Thulashie Sivarajah - Thesis Title: Structural Optimization of a Bivalent Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor; Dr Adam Profit, mentor. Currently: Enrolled in the medical school at the American university of Antigua (6/10).
- Olubukola Ajayi
- Vandeen Brown
- Monique Hayes
- Miriam Loswijk
- Regina Misir - Currently: Employed as a Higher Education Officer in the Teacher Education office, York College.
- Nelisa Roach
- Yisa Rumala - Thesis Title: Strong magnetic field gradients for high resolution nuclear magnetic resonance imaging. Mentor: Dr Greg Boutis. Currently: A graduate student in the Applied Physics PhD program at The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (10/08). Webpage.
- Maharani Singh
- Kavita Bharrat
- Lavinia Bowman
- Ayodelle Lebruin
- Nichola Narain
- Keira Simmons - Thesis Title: Advertisement Repetition and Wearout. Mentor: Dr William Ashton. Currently: working in the social services field, Florida (8/08).
- Husnia Soofizada - Thesis Topic: United States' Policy, Afganistan and the Taliban. Mentor: Dr Michael Flynn. Queens College (M.S.) in School Psychology (8/08).
- Kay-Anne Montaque
- Yanique M. Simpson
- Stacey Thomas