Mast Scholars General Info
A scholarship program for Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Geology majors who are preparing to be secondary school teachers. You'll find information about the programs here.
Scholarship of $10,000 or $20,000 during student teaching (depending upon residency)
- Membership in a cohort of Scholars
- Mentorship by Mathematics, Science, and Teacher Education Faculty
- Early registration
- Enhanced fieldwork experiences
- Research opportunities while an undergraduate and teaching
- Professional development meetings and mentorship during first years of teaching
- Participation in a nationally recognized program
Scholars commit to teaching in New York City public schools for two years after graduation. During that time, they will participate in professional development experiences in the MaST Scholars program.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0934716.