The Social Work Club
The Social Work Club meets once a week and is open to all social work majors at York College.
The purpose of the Club is to:
- Foster knowledge about the social work profession;
- Promote cooperation among the students and between the students and the larger community;
- Advise the Social Work Program on curriculum and other administrative and academic procedures that influence the educational process.
Past activities include:
- Meetings with representatives from Social Work Graduate Programs to discuss the admission process to graduate school;
- Traveling to Albany to advocate on behalf of the College to local legislators.
- Celebrating holidays and special events.